Animal Control

What To Do If Your Pet is Lost

If your pet disappears, move quickly, before it has time to go far. Most lost dogs and cats are found within two miles of where they were lost. Notify the Lemont Police Department at (630) 257-2229 so officers are aware of the situation and can notify you if the animal is found.

Mobilize help - family, neighbors, and friends. Walk through the neighborhood calling your pets. Be cautious when calling around busy intersections - your pet may try to cross the street to get to you.

If your pet is friendly with strangers, check parks and schools. If your pet is shy, frightened, or injured, check places that offer seclusion.

Leave the gate to your yard open in case your dog returns home on its own.

Cook County Animal Control: (708) 974-6140

If you need assistance with a domestic animal, such as a dog or a cat, you need to call your local Cook County animal services for assistance. They can help you out with issues such as stray dogs, stray cats, deceased pets, and to report neglected or abused animals.

Wild Animal Problem? Call (773) 491-8420. Wildlife Removal is Not a Free Service.

A Windy City Wildlife Service provides professional wildlife control for both residential and commercial customers in the city of Chicago. They offer custom Chicago wild animal control solutions for almost any type of wildlife problem, whether it be the noises of squirrels running through the attic, a colony of bats living in a building, or the destructive behavior of a raccoon, they have the experience and the tools to quickly and professionally solve your animal problem in Cook County in Illinois. For a consultation, give them a call at (773) 491-8420.