NEW IN 2019The Village of Lemont's Vehicle Sticker program is changing from a two year program to an annual program with options to pay on-line or via mail.
All residents who have vehicles registered with a Village of Lemont address through the Illinois Secretary of State's Office, regardless of where the vehicle is housed, are required to purchase a Village of Lemont vehicle sticker (Ord .
Vehicle sticker forms for the 2019-2020 term will be mailed on June 17, 2019. Vehicle stickers are available for purchase beginning July 1, 2019. The stickers must be affixed to the lower right-hand corner of the passenger side windshield by July 31, 2019. All vehicles registered to the Village of Lemont address must display a current vehicle sticker. Vehicle sticker fees vary based on the type of vehicle.
There are three available options to purchase vehicle stickers:
1) Online - click Purchase Village Vehicle Sticker
- To renew with a pre-printed notice, reference the "Vehicle ID" number located above the barcode on the notice and click the "I Received a Vehicle notice and I want to purchase a sticker" button.
- To purchase without a pre-printed notice, click the "I need to purchase a sticker for a new vehicle" button.
2) In person - Please bring a completed Vehicle Sticker Notice to Village Hall located at 418 Main Street between 8.30am and 5pm; Monday to Friday.
3) By mail - Please mail a completed Vehicle Sticker Notice along with payment to Village of Lemont, 418 Main Street, Lemont, IL 60439.
Please allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery of vehicle stickers purchased online or by mail.
New Village residents have 30 days from the date of residency to purchase a vehicle sticker at the regular rate; otherwise a late fee will apply.
Village residents that purchase vehicles will have 30 days from the date of acquisition to purchase a vehicle sticker at the regular rate; otherwise a late fee will apply.
First Time Seniors
Senior citizens who are 65 years of age prior to July 1, 2020 are eligible to purchase a vehicle sticker at a discounted price. Vehicle stickers for first time seniors must be purchased IN PERSON at Village Hall, as a current driver’s license and valid vehicle registration card are required at the time of purchase.
Residents who replace vehicles after purchasing the 2019-2020 vehicle sticker, should contact the Finance Department at 630-257-1550 with updated vehicle information to determine eligibility for transference of the sticker from one vehicle to another and the appropriate fee.
Important Factors to Keep in Mind
• If you have an expired Village of Lemont vehicle sticker and did not receive a notice in the mail, it does not absolve you of the responsibility to purchase a sticker by July 31.
• If the vehicle(s) you have now is/are not the same as the vehicle(s) you had when last year’s sticker was purchased, the notice will contain information about the former vehicle(s). In that case, simply indicate you no longer own that vehicle and enter the new vehicle information on the form.
If you do not purchase a vehicle sticker by July 31, a $50 late fee will be added to the cost of the sticker. If you receive a citation for not having a current sticker displayed, you may have to (1) pay the basic cost of the new sticker; (2) pay $50 late fee AND (3) pay the citation fee. You can avoid this by purchasing and displaying the sticker(s) on time.
(After 30 Days + $50 Late Fee)
Motorcycles or Motor Bicycles
|Senior Truck "B" License||$50.00||$100.00|
|Trucks "B" License||$100.00||$150.00|
|Trucks "D" and "F" Licenses||$175.00||$225.00|
|Trucks "H" and "J" through "Z"||$200.00||$250.00|
|Buses and Motor Homes||$75.00||$125.00|
|Transfer or Replacement Licenses||$6.00||N/A|
If you have further questions you can contact the Village at 630-257-1550.
Some helpful links:
Illinois Secretary of State Website
Secretary of State Junk Vehicle Notification Form
Secretary of State Notice of Address Change Form
Secretary of State Seller's Report of Sale Form
If you wish to stay up to date with the latest news and information regarding various renewals and fees, please sign up to Stay Informed!