Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Administrative Adjudication gives citizens the opportunity to contest Village ordinance violations. These proceedings are civil in nature rather than criminal and cases are heard by a certified hearing officer instead of a judge. Administrative Adjudication provides police officers, code enforcement officers and other Village employee’s, the ability to issue citations for minor Village ordinance violations without criminally charging a person.

Administrative Adjudication is responsible for prosecuting parking violations, administrative tows, animal citations and various other Village ordinance violations. The hearings are held twice a month at the Lemont Police Department, located at 14600 127th Street, Lemont, IL.

Local Ordinance and Parking Violations can be paid at the Lemont Police Department prior to the hearing date unless "Must Appear" is noted on the citation. All payments made after business hours can be placed in the payment box located in the lobby.

For any questions please contact Melissa Gracia at 630-257-2229 or by email.

More information regarding the Administrative Adjudication Process

How to Protest Commuter Citations Only

Download and complete the Commuter Protest Form (please click the link below), place the document containing your name, address, and daytime phone number, along with a copy of violation notice into an envelope and affix proper postage before mailing.

Supporting Materials You should also enclose copies of any documents (i.e., photos, a payment receipt, or copy of parking permit) necessary to show that you are not liable. Include the violation notice number on all supporting documents. Do not send originals, they will not be returned. A decision will be mailed to you. Protests must be filed within 7 days of receiving the violation.

Commuter Protest Form

What Happens if a Notice of Violation is Ignored

If you ignore the notice, a hearing officer may enter a Default Judgment against you based on the evidence presented. A "Default Judgment" is similar to a Judge's order in that it can be used to place a lien on your property, garnish your wages and/or affect your credit. The Village will request that the maximum fine be imposed in default matters.

How to Change Your Court Date

If you want to change your court date because of circumstances beyond your control, you must make your request so that it is received at least five (5) business days before your court date. The court needs the time to notify all parties to your case of the change.

We do not accept telephone requests to change court dates. You must request the change either in person, by mail (please fill out a Change of Hearing Date Request form) or by fax (630-257-5087). If you are making your request by mail or fax, you must indicate your name, date of birth, case number and the type of violation in your letter. The court will notify you by mail of your new court date. Unless you receive a new court date, make sure that you appear on your originally scheduled date. If you do not pay your fine or appear on your court date, the judge may enter a judgment against you.

Change of Hearing Date Request

What to Do About a Default Judgment

If you: 1) missed your hearing date for a good reason; 2) have good reason to believe that the notice went to the wrong address; or 3) believe that the Village cited the wrong person, business or property, you may file a written Motion to Vacate a Default Judgment with the Lemont Police Department. In general, your motion must be filed within 21 days of the mailing date stamped on top of the default judgment order. Motions are not granted automatically. You must file your motion on time and you must provide good reason why you did not respond to the Notice of Violation. A motion form may be downloaded and filed in person Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: At the Lemont Police Department, 14600 127th Street location only.

Motion to Vacate

Non-Compliance with a Hearing Officer's Order

A hearing officer's order can be enforced in the same manner as a Judge's order in that it can be used to place a lien on your property, garnish your wages and/or affect your credit.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer