Vital COVID-19 Resources for Organizations & Businesses
Lemont CARES - A weekly Zoom town hall for small business. Fridays at 10:30 - Register on Eventbrite now!
Lemont Lottery - Support your local small businesses for a chance to win one of three prizes worth $3,500!
- PayPal Loanbuilder for PPP
- Fundera / AmEX for PPP
- Kabbage for PPP
- PPP Loan Forgiveness application - Free from PrepDD this dashboard organizes your PPP forgiveness documentation.
- New! Salesforce Care Small Business Grants - For businesses between 2 to 50 employees, min. 2 years in biz with annual revenue between $250k and $2M.
- Cook County Community Recovery Fund - Register now for $20K/$10K zero interest loan! Available mid-April for small businesses under 35 employees and $3M in revenue. Gig workers with half of income from 1099 contract work also qualify.
- Restaurant Strong Fund - $1000 grant per FT hospitality employee. Apply here and donate here.
- State Emergency Small Business Grants and Loan Assistance (DCEO)
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits (IDES)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) (Wintrust) Visit a Certified SBA Lender in Lemont: Chase, Fifth Third, Lemont Bank & Trust, People's Bank, US Bank.
- SBA Coronavirus Pandemic Disaster Loans Comparison (SBDC google doc)
- SBA Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA Illinois District Office
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at College of DuPage - Weekly Update
- Cook County Small Business COVID-19 Impact Survey
- Small Business IL Sales Tax Deferral (March-April-May)
- What is an Essential Business? (DCEO) - If you have a question regarding if a business is essential, contact DCEO’s helpline by phone at 800-252-2923 to leave a message or by email.
- Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in Food Service (IDPH)
- ServSafe Takeout: COVID-19 Precautions and ServSafe Delivery: COVID-19 Precautions
- ServSafe Food Handler Training Program (Free through April 30, 2020)
- Guidance for Closed Restaurants and Bars
- Illinois Restaurant Association COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 Implications for Commercial Leases
- Illinois Manufacturing Association FAQ
- Workplace Safety & COVID-19 (OSHA)
- US Chamber’s COVID-19 Toolkit
- IL Government’s Response to COVID-19
Please contact the Planning & Economic Development Department to discuss opportunities for your business.
Business Guides & Support
People, Programs and Organizations Serving Entrepreneurs - A local guide to technical assistance, networking, capital, and community infrastructure available for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) - Funded through the U.S. Small Business Administration and the State of Illinois, SBDCs provide one-on-one counseling and consulting services to Illinois businesses at no or low cost. SBDCs also hosts free training workshops on a variety of business management topics. Through the local SBDCs, a business owner can access the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), which provides free, confidential business counseling to anyone who is operating a small business or thinking about starting one. The College of Dupage Center for Entrepreneurship SBDC in Lisle, the Women's Business Development Center in Chicago, and the Women's Business Development Center - Aurora are three nearby SBDCs.
Intersect Illinois - Provides site selection assistance and data tools and resources for companies looking to locate or expand in Illinois.
IL State Business Portal - Includes information on starting, running, and changing a business. The site also links to state agencies, grant and loan information.
Loan & Grant Programs
Lemont Business District Improvement Grant - The Village of Lemont offers exterior and site improvement grants on a cyclical basis.
IL Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity - The Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity's (DCEO) Bureau of Business Development administers a wide array of programs and services designed to help Illinois businesses thrive in today's economy. The Department administers a variety of grant and loan programs, many of which are targeted toward small businesses.
Small Business Administration - The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) provides a number of financial programs for small businesses, including equity financing through the SBA’s Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) Program.
Smart Energy Design Assistance Center - SEDAC provides a variety of energy saving programs for both new and existing buildings, as well as information and education for building owners and operators to maximize energy savings.
IL Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity - The DCEO's tax assistance programs include: the Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE) tax credit; the High Impact Business (HIB) tax credit/tax exemption; and the Illinois New Markets Development Program which provides supplemental funding for investment entities that have been approved for the Federal New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program.
Cook County Class 6B - Cook County offers the Class 6B property tax incentive to encourage the development of new industrial facilities, the rehabilitation of existing industrial structures, and the industrial reutilization of abandoned buildings. The incentive substantially reduces the assessment level of eligible properties; properties receiving the class 6B will be assessed at 10% of the market value for the first 10 years, 15% in the 11th year, and 20% in the 12th year. To receive the Class 6B incentive, a Class 6B application must be submitted to and approved by the Village of Lemont and Cook County.